Using Popups plugin it’s as easy as going to Popups -> Add New to create your very first popup.
- First you will add a Title to identify your popup (users won’t see the title)
- Write some content, paste your newsletter form, your social shortcodes or anything you need like using the normal Post editor
- Choose some display Rules ( by default it will show on every page)
- Choose the display options ( where and how your popup will show )
- Style your popup ( change colors and size)
- Publish it!
You can create multiple popups on the same page or mix them around. Just play with popups Rules and display options.
E.g: You can show a popup on the bottom left corner in all the pages of your site once the user scroll 50% of the current page to ask them to subscribe to your newsletter
At the same time, when the user is about to leave your products page, you can display a centered popup using intent technology to try to get a last moment sale.
Manual triggering the popup
Along with the multiple display rules you can also set the popup to trigger manually and use one of the methods below:
- Trigger with url parameter <a href=”http://homepage.com/#spu-123″>Click here</a>
- Trigger with class attribute <a href=”#” class=”spu-open-123″>Click Here</a>
- Use shortcode generator to add a popup button
Just remember to configure the popup to use “manual trigger”.