It’s possible that you recently received an email from us asking to confirm your subscription. That’s because we are switching from Mailchimp to a new service called Postmatic. The guys from Postmatic were really kind and invited us with a free premium account.
What’s the difference with other services ?
Now all the action occurs on emails. You get our posts directly in your inbox on your favorite mail client, and you can leave comments to those posts by simple replying the emails, pretty cool right?
“Bah your site don’t use adsense, I need my users to come in and do some clicks”
That’s not a problem with Postmatic you can modify your email templates and include any widget that you want.
To capture new subscribers the plugin includes a widget, a shortcode and template tags to render a form wherever you want. But the cool thing about it is and I quote :
Oh, right. The subscription widget is context-aware. If the widget is on a generic page (such as /blog) it will prompt the user to subscribe to all site updates. If it is on an author archive page, it will let the user subscribe to just posts by that author. And, if it is on a single post, it will let users subscribe to comments on that post. Nifty. All of that is reflected on the Users screen. You can see what kind of content each user subscribes to.
If you spend big part of your life in your inbox like I do, then Postmatic makes it easy to keep up to date with the discussions of your blog.
Some points to be considered are:
- Postmatic is free
- People behind it are great, you will notice it when requesting support (if you ever need it)
- Markdown will work like they do in comments
- Comments are also stored in your wp-admin the way before, so don’t worry if you need to edit / delete / modify any of them.
- Postmatic makes it easy to import your subscribers from other services like Jetpack or MailChimp and also let’s you easily invite all the users registered on your site that are not already subscribed with a few clicks.
- What Im missing but Im sure it will be added soon, it’s some statistics about the emails sent.
- And the best thing of all is that Postmatic is now compatible with Popups plugin. You can gain subscribers with our beautiful optin forms.